2013 Reunion Dates and Info

Plans and Discussions
Board Admin
Site Admin

2013 Reunion Dates and Info

Post by Board Admin »

The 2013 USS James Madison Reunion will be held at the Crowne Plaza (Airport) Hotel, located at 14670 Duval Rd., Jacksonville, FL, beginning on Wed., June 26, 2013 through Sat., June 29, 2013. We will have more detailed information in the Annual Newsletter, sent out in December, 2012.
The schedule of events is as follows:
Wednesday, June 26th – Registration will begin after 2 P.M. and we will again have Pizza at 6 P.M.
Thursday, June 27th, we have scheduled a tour of St. Augustine, FL.
Friday, June 28th, we have scheduled a tour for Naval Station Mayport, including lunch, followed by a tour of the Anheuser-Busch Brewery.
Saturday, June 29th, we will have a Tolling of the Boats Ceremony at 10 A.M., with our Business Meeting beginning at 2 P.M. For the Banquet, Cocktail hour will begin about 5:30 P.M., with the sit-down dinner beginning about 6:30 P.M. You will have your choice of 8 oz. Filet Mignon at $42, Chicken Marsala at $33, and Vegetarian at $33, all prices include tax and gratuity.
Board Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2013 Reunion Dates and Info

Post by Board Admin »

Spread the word! This announcement about dates and times was also sent via email and an awful lot of them came back as undeliverable so please spread the word to your friends and shipmates who might not have gotten the message.

I'll be following up on matching missing emails to folks and trying to get those fixed later.
Keith Holman
Site Admin
First Name: Rufus Keith
Last Name: Holman
Crew?: Combined and Blue
Which Years on Board: 1980-84
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: MM1 M-Div

Post by Keith Holman »

Information about Tours during the Reunion
Tour Flyer
Reunion Registration Form

One of our keynote speakers will be Vice Admiral Konetzni Information
~Keith
Reunion Association President
Board Admin
Site Admin

Post by Board Admin »

There was an error in an earlier version of the Reunion Registration form that was mailed out. It has been corrected but please make sure you are using the latest version of the form available by downloading here.

The correct form should show the St. Augustine tour at $55 per person at the bottom of the page where you total before writing the check.

Thanks!

CORRECT Reunion Registration Form

Mailing address for the Reunion registration is the same as shown for membership and dues, i.e., Bob Thompson.
Board Admin
Site Admin

Post by Board Admin »

From Bob Thompson, Treasurer:
Shipmates,
To date we only have 24 registered attendees for the reunion; 13 shipmates with their guests. I have had a problem with my mail and need to determine if anyone else has sent in a reunion registration that I did not receive. I have received and deposited the following:

12-11 Jim Smith
12-19 Keith Holman
1-7 Gil Raynor
Charles Dorming
Jeff Goble
Eric Schwonek
1-17 Bob Thompson
James Michaelis
Fred Huwe
Bob Schindlar
2-5 Edward Newell
Joe Chay
Jay Scheffler

If anyone else has sent in a form please contact Bob Thompson and determine if the check was endorsed or cashed. All Madison Association check I deposit have the stamp on the back for USS James Madison Assoc Inc, Wells Fargo etc etc.