First Name: Fred M.
Last Name: Huwe
Crew?: Blue
Which Years on Board: 1966-71
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: MM-Nuke

2009 Reunion Plans

Post by Fred/Charline Huwe »

We are hoping to have the reunion scheduled for July 8th-12th(2009) or July 15th-19th(2009). We are waiting to get a bit more information about the best hotels from the reunion committee and plan to make a final decision at the September USSVI Convention in Ft. Worth, during our mini-meeting. When we return, we will get the hotel and dates firmed up and put more information on the site at that time. We will include more information with our end of the year report/Dues notice/mail-out.
Thank you all for your patience.
Fred Huwe, President
Charline Huwe, Secretary
Ron Warnick
First Name: Ronald T
Last Name: Warnick
Which Years on Board: 1963-66
Special Crew?: Commissioning
Rate: ET1(SS) RC

Re: 2009 Reunion Plans

Post by Ron Warnick »

Hi Fred and Charline and all James madison crew members,
Keep in mind that the USS James Madison was commissioned on July 28, 1964. July 28, 2009, will be the 45th anniversary of the commissioning. If I'm reading the calendar correctly, July 28, 2009, will fall on a Tuesday. I suggest that you hold the 2009 reunion as close as possible to that date and use remembering the commissioning as a theme for the 2009 reunion. Please think about this as the meeting in Fort Worth approaches. Let's try to contact as many of the plank owners as we can and convince them to come to the 2009 reunion.
I'd like to see postings from all crew members with your thoughts about the 2009 reunion. Thanks.
Ron Warnick
Keith Holman
Site Admin
First Name: Rufus Keith
Last Name: Holman
Crew?: Combined and Blue
Which Years on Board: 1980-84
Rate: MM1 M-Div

Post by Keith Holman »

I sometimes get emails at the website@ussjamesmadison627.com address asking who is planning to attend the reunion. How about posting up here if you plan to attend? Your buddies may be on the fence about attending but could be convinced if they knew you were coming. So I'll start off by saying Betty and I plan to be there.
How about you?
~Keith
Reunion Association President
James L. Michaelis
First Name: James
Last Name: Michaelis
Which Years on Board: 1972-74
Rate: MM2

Post by James L. Michaelis »

Good Thought. My wife Connie and I (Jim Michaelis Blue Crew 1972-1974) Plan on being there. P. S. I haven't recieved any info on membership for 2009 yet. When and who do we pay? (jameslm@cros.net)
Jim Michaelis (Blue Crew 72-74)
Fred/Charline Huwe
First Name: Fred M.
Last Name: Huwe
Which Years on Board: 1966-71
Rate: MM-Nuke

Post by Fred/Charline Huwe »

A mail-out, which included the annual letter, annual dues notice and Reunion sign up, was mailed out in December, to all that are on our mailing list. If you didn't get it, either we didn't have your current address or maybe you moved and the forwarding notice has expired. I believe that the information is now on this site. If you can't find it, please contact me at fchuwe@cheqnet.net.
Charline Huwe
Association Secretary