First Name: Ronald T
Last Name: Warnick
Crew?: Blue
Which Years on Board: 1963-66
Special Crew?: Commissioning
Rate: ET1(SS) RC

2009 Reunion

Post by Ron Warnick »

What is the latest info about the 2009 reunion in Bremerton. Two years is now almost one year, especially if it's held around the end of June like the last one. We need time to plan. Younger shipmates will need to arrange for time off work. Some of us older ones will need to start putting aside money to finance the trip, even some of us who live in the State of Washington. All will need to work out travel arrangements. Please let us know what is happening. I've been searching for my plank owner shipmates, and those that came aboard after commissioning but before the first patrol, in RC Division gold and have located all who are still alive. All have expressed interest in attending the 2009 reunion, but the first question each one asked was "When is it?" The consensus is that maybe we could have a division get together along with the reunion. Perhaps other divisions could do something similar. Because the plank owners are mostly older, I suggest we try to get as many of them as possible to come to the 2009 reunion. Unfortunately we're not going to live forever.
Ron Warnick
Keith Holman
Site Admin
First Name: Rufus Keith
Last Name: Holman
Crew?: Combined and Blue
Which Years on Board: 1980-84
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: MM1 M-Div

Re: 2009 Reunion

Post by Keith Holman »

Ron,
I can't answer the questions about the 2009 Reunion but allow me to ask whether the others in your division have either found their way to the forums or at least have forwarded their contact info to Charline Huwe to ensure we can get in touch with them.
And while I'm on that topic (and off your original one), one of the boat's COBs told me he had sailing lists from his time on board...but I've never seen them. If anyone has lists or even a couple of names (with or without contact info) please make sure to share them.
~Keith
Reunion Association President
Ron Warnick
First Name: Ronald T
Last Name: Warnick
Crew?: Blue
Which Years on Board: 1963-66
Special Crew?: Commissioning
Rate: ET1(SS) RC

Post by Ron Warnick »

Keith, I have sent a copy of the December 2007 letter and the Association Membership Sign-up form to all those I've contacted. I hope all of them will respond with their info and dues, but I can't be sure. All of them are gold crew, mostly Nucs, and most of them are plank owners. I now challenge the Blue crew to follow suit, especially to find plank owners. Let's see which crew can muster the most plank owners and early crew members at the 2009 reunion.
Ron Warnick
Keith Holman
Site Admin
First Name: Rufus Keith
Last Name: Holman
Crew?: Combined and Blue
Which Years on Board: 1980-84
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: MM1 M-Div

Post by Keith Holman »

Checked on air fares this evening and was pleasantly surprised. I had been listening to the news about how high fuel prices had been and so on. I'm not one of those people who has frequently flyer miles stored up and am going to have to pay it directly.
~Keith
Reunion Association President