William Andrea
First Name: William
Last Name: Andrea
Crew?: Blue
Which Years on Board: 1965-68
Rate: STS2(SS)

Ship's history

Post by William Andrea »

As the newly elected/appointed Historian for the James Madison Association, I will be collecting, preserving and cataloging memorabilia from the membership. If you have anything to share, be it sea stories, certificates, documents, pictures, ship's contraband or whatever, please either send it to me or contact me about it and we can decide how to best preserve it for all our shipmates to enjoy. I will be taking any and all suggestions and ideas you may have reference the best way to keep & display said items.

Bill Andrea
ELT627
First Name: Gilbert (Gil)
Last Name: Raynor
Crew?: Both
Which Years on Board: 1968-70
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: MM2 SS

Madison History

Post by ELT627 »

Bill, Thanks for taking on that job, it is an important job and I would like to suggest that we discuss and perhaps find a way to record oral histories of as many shipmates as possible from their time on the boat.
Gil
William Andrea
First Name: William
Last Name: Andrea
Crew?: Blue
Which Years on Board: 1965-68
Rate: STS2(SS)

Ship's History

Post by William Andrea »

Thanks, Gil....I concur. For starters, if each one of us would sit down and put in writing all the "Sea Stories" and memories we share with each other while sitting around the hospitality room and banquet table at our re-unions, it would be a great start. Obviously, the sooner this is done, the closer to the truth the info will be, as these events sometime get embellished with the passing of time. We aren't getting any younger, either, and it seems that at each reunion there are a few more shipmates that depart on Final Patrol. These memories will be lost forever if they are not preserved.