First Name: Fred M.
Last Name: Huwe
Crew?: Blue
Which Years on Board: 1966-71
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: MM-Nuke

Found 70 new names

Post by Fred/Charline Huwe »

Thanks to an e-mail from Florian Folger to Keith Holman and then to me, I looked up the 627 Crew list on the USSVI site.
I have now added 70 new names to our address listing and found 19 missing addresses. Not all of the men wanted their addresses posted and left them off the USSVI site, but we now have them in our "log".
Charline Huwe, Assoc. Secretary
RussBrentnell
First Name: Russ
Last Name: Brentnell
Crew?: Combined and Gold
Which Years on Board: 1980-84
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: mm1 (nuke)

Post by RussBrentnell »

Excellent! Anything we can do to get them over here too?
Combined in the Yard/Gold crew, 80-84 M-Div

Ship's New Storekeeper 2017-
Oddball
First Name: Harding
Last Name: Dies
Crew?: Gold
Which Years on Board: 1970-73
Rate: LT

What ever happened to?

Post by Oddball »

This is Harding Dies, the Supply Officer for the end of Poseidon conversion at New London while attending Sub School. I was with the Blue wardroom (the Farkelfish) and known then as "Greenie Farkel" because I was officially with the Gold crew. I then acquired the name of "Oddball" with the Gold crew because of my resemblance to the Donald Sutherland character in the movie, "Kelly's Heroes". I served from December 1970 to June 1973.

I just found this website due to my son's interest in my service time, and hope to make the reunion. I have just joined a satellite group of the Groton Base USSVI which meets in Westport, CT.

I have already met one MADISON chief through Subvets, and look forward to seeing many of you again. And especially Chief Thomas Urban Hill, if he's still causing trouble!