"Victor" Bashing at sea

I swear this actually happened
BobbyC

"Victor" Bashing at sea

Post by BobbyC »

I think the alleged event that Jack Anderson wrote about was entitled "Blind as Bats" I would not really know if it realy happened, as I was sleeping in my bunk, outboard the library forward of MCC, where I dreamed there was a big "thump"... the next day I went to the Canopus when we visited the Los Alimos and a friend from rad con asked me if something really happened! Oh well, who knows!
VMadison
First Name: Victor
Last Name: Madison
Crew?: Blue
Which Years on Board: 1972-1978
Rate: MM1

Victor Bashing

Post by VMadison »

Hey Bobby, I must have had the same dream but I my dream put me on watch. In my dream I heard some screeching of metal !!!
loosekite
First Name: Ron
Last Name: Tipton
Which Years on Board: 1973-1976
Rate: ET2

Re: "Victor" Bashing at sea

Post by loosekite »

It happned, I was just going on watch as the RO; it is not something I will easily forget. Fish nets was the official explanation.
thelt
First Name: Fayette M. Jr “Frank”
Last Name: Thornal
Which Years on Board: 1973-1977
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: RM

Re: "Victor" Bashing at sea

Post by thelt »

Don't forget the several PDC's that exploded being dropped from the AGI that was trailing us. Seemed to be marking our position as the Victor hit us. Kelly Ray and I had just hit the rack after securing the maneuvering watch. when it started. First we heard the PDC's that sound like a deck hatch slamming shut. Kelly Ray said I'm totally sure I secured every deck hatch. Then the "hit".