Phil Eder - Blue 72-76

Share notices and arrangements for shipmates who have passed.
wgeise
First Name: William E. (Bill)
Last Name: Geise
Crew?: Blue
Which Years on Board: 1972-76
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: MM1

Phil Eder - Blue 72-76

Post by wgeise »

It is with great regret that I inform my fellow shipmates that Phil Eder passed away on December 8, 2012. I lost track of Phil in the early 80's after his graduation from the University of Tennessee with a philosophy degree. My wife and I moved to the Knoxville area and managed to reconnect with Phil in 2005. Phil continued to live in the Knoxville area doing a variety of jobs, most recently working with Comcast. Phil will be missed by all of his firends and family.
Board Admin
Site Admin

Re: Phil Eder - Blue 72-76

Post by Board Admin »

EDER, PHILLIP LEE - 60 of Knoxville, TN, passed away unexpectedly on December 8, 2012. Phil was born in Elkton, MD to James and Nancy Eder, (deceased) After graduating from Salesianum High School in Wilmington, DE, Phil joined the U.S. Navy, serving for six years as a nuclear technician aboard the submarine USS James Madison. After his military service, Phil moved to Knoxville where he spent the rest of his life. He earned a B.A. in Philosophy from UT and worked in a variety of jobs, spending the last five years in customer service with Comcast. Phil is survived by one brother, Rusty, and four sisters: Beth Latare, Sr. Anne Elizabeth, Sr. Susan Louise, and Sr. Frances Carol, all three Oblate Sisters of St. Francis de Sales; also stepsister Judy Pinder, and his extended loving family. A kind and generous man, known for his sense of humor, Phil loved his family, his friends, all types of music and art, and the Smoky Mountains. Friends wishing to celebrate Phil's life are invited to come together on December 29 at Dotson Funeral Home, 4838 Wildwood Road, Maryville, TN 37804. Visitation will begin at 2:00 p.m. with a service at 3:00 p.m. In lieu of flowers, friends are asked to make donations to the Oblate Sisters of St. Francis de Sales, or to the charity of their choice.
Clyde (Chip) Porter
First Name: Clyde (Chip)
Last Name: Porter, Jr.
Crew?: Blue
Which Years on Board: 1975-78
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: MM2 M-Div

Re: Phil Eder - Blue 72-76

Post by Clyde (Chip) Porter »

Rest in peace Phil. It was a pleasure working with you.

Thank you for the info Billy G.
Clyde (Chip) Porter
former MM2SS
Blue Crew 75' to 78'