HELD AT USSVI CONVENTION ON SEPT. 7, 2006
Present were: Grady Harrison, President
Bill Andrea, Vice-President
Charline Huwe, Secretary
Fred Huwe, Reunion Committee Mbr.
Gil Raynor, Web Page Committee Mbr.
The meeting was opened at 2:40 PM by Grady Harrison.
1) Need update from Treasurer, Roger Schmitt, about number of paid members and account balance.
2) Need to get out more information to members. President will put together a one page newsletter for mail-out, which will include membership cards for those who have paid there dues.
3) Find out from Keith Holman if there is a way to send auto-messages to all site members and remove the need for the Yahoo site.
4) Finish production of the Association Membership cards and get them mailed out, using yearly add-on stickers, instead of making new cards every year.
5) Prepare to add spouses (family members) as Associate Members. (We are allowed to have 25% of membership from associates.)
6) 2007 Reunion – Went over information about three different lodging/meeting sites and chose the Best Western in Groton, CT. The probable dates are Wed., June 20 (early arrival and sign-in), Thurs. June 21 (local visits, such as Mystic Seaport, etc.), Fri. June 22 (Base day, including lunch at the base), Sat. June 23 (Nautilus and Museum, afternoon association meetings and Dinner w/keynote speaker). We will publicize the reunion in many forums, including the American Legion, VFW, USSVI, Navy League and internet submarine sites. A reunion registration fee of $25 per person will be due in advance, to be sent in as soon as possible to the Treasurer, but no later than May 15, 2007, so we know how many to expect. Anyone registering after that date will be required to pay an additional $10. We are securing a block of 50 rooms, which can be increased should the need arise. We will need to send $100 for a deposit for the banquet, with 50% of the funds due to be paid two weeks prior to the event and the balance due on June 20, 2007. The two dinner choices will be Chicken Cordon Bleu and Prime Rib. Grady will contact the Base for any tours that will be available, with the possibility that the dates may have to be moved by a week. He will, also, find a keynote speaker for the banquet. Charline will include information for local tours in the Reunion mail-out. Since we are a 501.C19 Veteran’s Organization, we will have a C19 function every day, including Tolling of the Boats. We will try to have one at the Groton base at the Memorial.
We concluded the meeting with plans in motion for the next reunion.
Charline Huwe, Association Secretary