HULL CUT PIECE of JAMES MADISON UP FOR AUCTION

Shootin' the breeze, chewin' the fat, general chit-chat
BoatSailor

HULL CUT PIECE of JAMES MADISON UP FOR AUCTION

Post by BoatSailor »

My name is Brad Green, I'm currently COB on PENNSYLVANIA BLUE.

A biker charity here in the Silverdale, WA area is auctioning a 25lb, 6in x 8in x 5 in (or so) oval section of the hull, engraved with ship name and dates, etc. I'm a 23 yr sub sailor, and this is the genuine article.

The auction is this coming Thursday evening, 8 December 2005, at a bar & grill called Romeos (used to be The Blue Moon, Manilla Chef, etc.), between 6 & 8pm in the Chico/Bremerton area. It is next to the Red Apple Grocery/Diner.

Call me if you need info or are interested in bidding. The auction itself is a cash only deal, zero overhead, all profits go immediately (that night) to a local/within-county charity.

The MC is a former diesel-boat bubblehead named Ray Pitts.

Call me for questions (I might even bid for ya if you send me the cash) - Brad Green, (360) 620-0181.

Brad[/b]
loco

yeah right

Post by loco »

I'll send you the cash soon. Or would you prefer my credit card number with all my personal info?
RussBrentnell
First Name: Russ
Last Name: Brentnell
Crew?: Combined and Gold
Which Years on Board: 1980-84
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: mm1 (nuke)

Post by RussBrentnell »

How 'bout if i send my atm card with the PIN attached?
Combined in the Yard/Gold crew, 80-84 M-Div

Ship's New Storekeeper 2017-
BoatSailor

JAMES MADISON HULL CUT

Post by BoatSailor »

Hey, I provided my phone number, and can provide references if interested. This ain't no scam Shipmates, just trying to get the word out to any interested parties.

BUT, if you feel the need to send me your ATM with PIN, or your VISA number with personal info that's up to you.

Auction is tonight anyway....

Brad
(360) 620-0181
Keith Holman
Site Admin
First Name: Rufus Keith
Last Name: Holman
Crew?: Combined and Blue
Which Years on Board: 1980-84
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: MM1 M-Div

Post by Keith Holman »

That's actually quite the pieceof memorabilia for someone. I hope that it brings in lots of money for a deserving local charity.

FWIW: If someone were to have a similar piece available, I really think they might do well to put it up for an auction on a wider level, maybe an eBay or similar. I believe they do a pretty good deal for charitable auctions. It also gets past some of the reluctance to deal with an unknown (though legitimate) intermediary.

Good luck with the sale!
~Keith
Reunion Association President