First Name: William (Bill)
Last Name: Kreher
Crew?: Gold
Which Years on Board: 1963-66
Special Crew?: Commissioning
Rate: SK2(SS)

A Mini-Reunion of Sorts

Post by subsk »

A small gathering of commissioning crew members happened the Friday after Thanksgiving. Jim "Doc" Smith, Fred "Ahab" Thomas and myself met for lunch with wives, in Woodbridge, VA. This all came about because of contacts made here and on the Yahoo site. Fred Lives in Fredericksburg and I live in Fairfax. Doc lives in Tennessee. Fred and I have been in contact for about ten years via E-mail and phone; but had never managed to hook up in real time. Distance between our homes is about 50 miles. It may have been half way around the world. Doc surfaced on the Yahoo site and both Fred and I and Woody Bowers contacted him. We had not seen each other for almost 40 years. Doc's daughter lives in Woodbridge and we made plans to meet when he came up for Thanksgiving. Plans fell into place and we had a great lunch in Woodbridge. For me, it was like being reunited with two big brothers. My thanks to those who put these sites on line and made this possible. I encourage all crew members to pass the word about this site and help build up the registered members. True friendships should not be put aside because of lost contact.
Bill Kreher, SK2(SS) (G)