Ask a question, make a constructive comment
Rachelcharleston
First Name: Rachel
Last Name: Miller
Which Years on Board: Family
Rate: Family

Anyone with a story about XO/CO Larry Miller, Please read

Post by Rachelcharleston »

I am currently working on a scrap book for my father about his life in the Navy. Being his daughter I know that he speaks so fondly about those days and the crews that worked for him. If you have a funny story, noted mannerism, or observation that you would like to share, please forward them to me. If you would like to remain anonymous, that's okay too. I am also looking for photos that were taken during his tours and they don't have to include him. If you forward them to me, just add a note about when and where it was taken. He does not know I am doing this. He gave 27 years of his life to the Navy and the James Madison was the last submarine he was on. Thank you in advance for your time.

Rachel Miller
38 Anita Drive
Charleston, SC 29407

Rachelcharleston@aol.com

I can relate my own that some of you might remember (but I am hoping not)! When I was five (around 1980) we traveled to Virginia (most likely Newport News) to spend time with my Dad and went to have dinner on the sub. I remember being so excited about wearing my Strawberry Shortcake dress to look nice in front of all the men. Little did I know at that tender age was that the only way to get on board was to go down a windy ladder. I remember refusing to go down because I didn't want my dress to blow up. Once I was down the crew had strict orders to not laugh but I still can recall the smiles of the men and the kindness they showed me that night.
Keith Holman
Site Admin
First Name: Rufus Keith
Last Name: Holman
Crew?: Combined and Blue
Which Years on Board: 1980-84
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: MM1 M-Div

Post by Keith Holman »

Be sure to check the photo section of the site.
photos/thumbnails.php?album=9
Also, there is a whole album of 1980s Gold Crew (your dad was Gold Crew.)
~Keith
Reunion Association President